Click here to view important information about Water Billing online payments.
Select Page

City Alcohol Permit & TABC

Contact the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC) to begin the process and obtain a pre-qualification packet.  The pre-qualification packet must be approved by the City Secretary as well other county and state agencies.

To obtain the City Secretary’s signature on a pre-qualification packet, you may submit it by any of the following methods:

  1. Come in person to City Hall, 114 W. Higgins St., Humble, Texas 77338 (It is recommended that you call 24 hours in advance before coming to City Hall to ensure we will be able to accommodate you).
  2. Mail the packet to: City of Humble, Attn: City Secretary’s Office, 114 W. Higgins St., Humble, Texas 77338.
    • Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope for the application to be returned to you.
  3. Email a PDF of the packet to It will be electronically signed and returned to you via e-mail.

There is no fee for the City Secretary to sign the application.

Once the TABC process is complete, approved and you have been issued a permit by the State of Texas, the City will send you an invoice for the required city permit. Once paid, the city permit will be provided to you.

City Municipal Boundaries & Code of Ordinances Information

Municipal Boundaries:

The City of Humble processes TABC pre-qualification packets within our municipal boundaries.  To determine if your business is within the City of Humble, Texas, you may access our GIS map from here.

If your business is outside the city limits of Humble, Texas, you may contact Harris County or the City of Houston for assistance.

Code of Ordinances:

No person shall manufacture, sell, distribute, or store any alcoholic beverage, or engage in any other activity with relation to the same for which a permit is required by the state Alcoholic Beverage Code, within the city without first obtaining a license so to do from the city.

Before any license is issued under the provisions of this division, the applicant therefore shall pay to the city a fee as set forth in TABC Licenses and Permits maximum local fee schedule.

All taxes, permits, and/or license fees levied by this division shall be paid in advance for one year.

You may view additional city regulations from here.

Alcoholic Beverage Permit Welcome Guide

Please take note the following items from the welcome guide:

  • The City’s Alcoholic Beverage Permit will coincide with the TABC Alcoholic Beverage Permit. For example, if your TABC alcoholic beverage permit was renewed and expires in two years, your City Alcoholic beverage permit will expire on this same date.
  • A business MUST display its local permit in the establishment next to the state permit.
  • Licensing, enforcement, audit and investigations regarding an establishment may be made to TABC. You may access the contact information for the regional office from here.
  • Requests for a City Alcohol Permit invoice must be submitted in writing to
  • City Alcoholic Beverage Permit Welcome Guide

Have questions?

Contact the City Secretary’s Office at or call 281-446-3061.