May 7, 2022 General Election
The City of Humble holds a General Election on the 1st Saturday in May of each year. All positions are at large with a two-year term, with no term limits. The Council is comprised of Mayor and five Council Members, who all vote. To be eligible to run for office you must meet the following requirements as outlined in the Texas Election Code and the City of Humble Charter:
- be a U.S citizen;
- be a resident of the county;
- be 18 years old (you may register at 17 years and 10 months);
- not a convicted felon (unless a person’s sentence is completed, including any probation or parole);
- not declared mentally incapacitated by a court of law;
- Shall be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of the election for which they are filing;
- Shall be a qualified voter;
- Shall have resided within the corporate limits of the City, for one year immediately preceding the filing date;
- Shall not, at the time of filing, or while in office, be in arrears in payment of taxes or other liabilities due to the City;
- No candidate may file in a single election for more than one (1) office or position as provided by Humble’s Charter;
- No employee of the City shall continue in such position after filing for an elective office provided in Humble’s Charter;
- Any officer or employee of the city who shall cease to possess any of the qualifications herein required shall forfeit his office or position and any contract in which any officer or employee shall or may become interested shall be declared void by the council.
The first day to submit an Application for Place on the Ballot for the May 7, 2022, General Election is January 19, 2022 and the last day is February 18, 2022. Candidate Packets with additional information will be available at the beginning of January 2022.
Please watch this website for updates and additional information as it becomes available. If you have questions, please contact the City Secretary, Jenny Page, at CitySecretary@cityofhumble.net or 281-446-3061.
Vui lòng xem trang web này để cập nhật và thông tin bổ sung khi có sẵn. Nếu bạn có thắc mắc, xin vui lòng liên hệ với trang Jenny của Thư ký Thành phố tại CitySecretary@cityofhumble.net hoặc 281-446-3061.