Texas Transportation Code Section 543.101 states: “You may be able to require that this charge be dismissed by taking a driver safety course [DSC]. However, you will that right if you do not provide a written notice to the court on or before your appearance date of your desire to do so.”
You must request DSC or MOTC either in court on your scheduled court date, by mail, or in person at the court office before your scheduled court date or you will lose the right to request it at a later time. You can NOT request DSC/MOTC in the clerk’s office before your court date.
You are not eligible to take DSC/MOTC if you were charged with:
1) Speeding 25 miles per hour or more over the posted limit;
2) Passing a school bus;
3) Failing to give notice or render aid after an accident; or
4) Committing an offense in a construction zone with workers present; or
5) Committing an offense and you hold a Commercial Driver’s License.
Eligible offenses and DSC/MOTC fees:
SPEEDING AND ALL OTHER MOVING VIOLATIONS $144.00
SPEEDING — SCHOOL ZONE $159.00
Before your scheduled court date you must mail to the court the following items:
1) Photocopy of your current personal vehicle liability insurance policy;
2) Photocopy of your valid Texas driver’s license;
3) DSC or MOTC fee payment; and
4) Completed, Signed, and notarized affidavit
MAIL — Send the above-listed documents and a cashier’s check or money order payable to: City of Humble.
Do NOT send cash. You may pay by American Express, Discover, and/or Visa. Complete the credit card form attached to the ticket, sign it, and
mail it to the Municipal Courts. For your protection, keep copies of all documents mailed to the Court, and send all requests via certified mail.
IN PERSON — You may apply for DSC/MOTC in person at 315 Bender Avenue, Humble Texas 77338. Proper courtroom attire is mandatory; NOT-SHIRTS
OR TANK TOPS ARE ALLOWED!
ALL MAIL SHOULD BE ADDRESSED TO:
Humble Municipal Court, 315 Bender Avenue, Humble, TX 77338
INCLUDE YOUR CURRENT RETURN ADDRESS WITH ALL CORRESPONDENCE
Write your court date and citation number on the bottom left corner of the envelope.
IF YOUR DSC OR MOTC REQUEST IS POSTMARKED ON OR BEFORE YOUR COURT DATE, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO APPEAR IN COURT
Upon approval of your request, you will have 90 days to:
1) Complete a DSC or MOTC; Texas State Approved and obtain your certificate of completion
2) Order a certified copy of your driving record from the Texas Department of Public Safety: FORM 3A
3) Obtain your certificate of completion and driving record;
4) Submit a completed, signed, and notarized affidavit (only one required):
Get it all done and turned in to the Court on or before the 90th day.
If you fail to comply with any of the above-stated requirements, you will have a conviction on your driving record and you will be required to pay a $200.00 fine. Failure to pay this $200.00 fine will result in a warrant of arrest being issued.